Sunday 17 March 2013

Baroque Spring.


I'm certainly enjoying the baroque music on BBC Radio 3 this month (Baroque Spring 1st March to 1st April 2013).  It suits me down to the ground and I've been uplifted, diverted, consoled and delighted in turns.

Henry Purcell has been one of the Composers of the Week and the opening chords of Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary stopped me in my tracks; I've heard it many times, but it never fails to transfix me. It's a wonderfully heartfelt piece of music that seems to envelop me with warmth and understanding.  It speaks to my soul.

The picture shows the cover detail from my treasured and much played CD.

To listen to the opening march from Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary (1662-1694), composed by Henry Purcell, click on the link below

To read about Henry Purcell (1659-1695), click on the link below.

To read about BBC Radio 3 Baroque Spring, click on the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment